Tahini Lemon Dressing
Yields: 1 servings
1/2 tablespoons tahini
1/4 cup water
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
2 tablespoons tamari
1/2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
Pinch of cayenne
1. In a blender, mix tahini and water until combined.
2. Add remaining ingredients and continue to mix until all ingredients are combined.
3. Adjust any flavors to your taste.
Creamy salad dressing template: Play with this!
1-2 tablespoona peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, sesame seed butter or tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar of choice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil, sesame oil, walnut oil, etc.
1 tablespoon hot water (you can turn on the sink and allow the water to get hot as you mix the first three ingredients)
Salt, pepper, spices, minced herbs or garlic or shallots to taste
1. With a fork, mix the first three ingredients into a paste. Season with salt, pepper, hot sauce, herbs and/or spices to taste.
2. Add hot water as needed to make the dressing the right consistency.
Note: You may need more or less hot water depending upon the consistency of the nut butter you use.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups
1 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon umeboshi vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
1 cup water
1. Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight lid, shake well and use on salad or veggies.
Ginger Sunflower Seed Dressing
Yields: 2 servings
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
Juice of one lemon
Zest of one lemon
2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup no-wheat organic soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey, agave nectar or pure maple syrup
1 cup olive and/or sesame oil
2 teaspoons mustard
1. Add all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth.
2. Refrigerate before using.
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
1/4 cup cider, red wine or balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
A couple pinches of sea salt and pepper
1. In a small bow whisk together all ingredients or place ingredients into a jar, cover and shake well.
2. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Shake well before serving.